We are home. I still have to post my photos from our time in Washington, DC, which I will get to in the next day or so. But we are officially back, settled in, adjusted to jetlag, and freezing our fingers off in the cold Melbourne weather - in fact, Tabitha and I just went for a walk to our local coffee place, and I wore two pairs of socks, my Hunter boots, jeans, two tops and a jacket. And even with Tabby snuggled up to me in the Ergo, I was still icy!
After my DC post, I will write a couple of posts reflecting on our time away - how did the packing lists hold up? Did we mostly babywear, or was lugging the giant pram across the world worthwhile? How did Tabby adjust to the new timezones? How about the constant moving? How did she go with food? What would we have done differently?
2 comments:
Your trip could not have been better timed - for me at least! I'm off to NYC in a couple of weeks. While I'll be travelling sans baby, I've been taking note of all your recommendations, especially the FOOD (!!!) and am tempted to cut and paste your packing list (minus the baby gear) and use it as my own!
Fantastic! Don't discount ALL of the baby gear - it's amazing how useful a pack of baby wipes and some spare cloths can be when travelling haha...
Dinosaur BBQ, Amy Ruth's, Charles' Pan Fried Chicken, Bubby's, Lucali, Katz, Shake Shack, Pearl, Milk and Cookies, Spotted Pig, Union Square Cafe, the list goes on and on... You could spend a year eating at different restaurants in NY and barely have a bad meal.
Have a great trip!
X TM
Post a Comment