Ok so the dress is IN AUSTRALIA! It cleared customs this morning at 8:27am. Now who knows where it is? Where do parcels go once they clear customs? These are the Big Questions of my day today! Will it arrive tomorrow (WOOOOOHOOO)? Or will it arrive Monday (BOOOOOO)? The Daddy very kindly went to the local post office and checked it if is there, which it is not, however they have promised to call him if it arrives tomorrow morning. What suspense! What a great start to a blog haha!
In other update news, I went to a florist in Camberwell, which is open Sundays, to ask them to make a small circlet of roses for the cake on Sunday. The cake is 15cm across, tiny. They quoted over $100! I think that's ridiculous, so we found a less chi-chi florist who we trust and who quoted less than half that. I just unwrapped the cake so that I can begin the re-icing process, and shaved a sliver off the top. WOW delicious! Despite (or perhaps because of) two years' storage. Can't wait to have a proper slice on Sunday! At our wedding, the bottom two tiers were chocolate mud and caramel mud, so this is the first time I've actually tried the fruitcake.
We had lunch with my mum and sister Q today. Tabitha will call my mother Moosie, which I called her for a few years when I was younger (no one can recall why!). My dad is Gra (short for Graham, and also a bit of a nudge wink at the fact that Grandpas are often Grey). Lunch was lovely, Tabitha tried some chicken from my sandwich, a tiny taste of hash brown potatoes (which she really just mushed up in her fist, then wiped all over my pale pink silk Gorman skirt!).
Tabitha and I both had the chiropractor this afternoon, which was a great relief for me, since I have been wearing this little chubby butt of a baby around 8 hours a day lately! So my back is a little wonky. I love my Ergo baby carrier, it is awesome (and of course so much better than those 'crotch dangler' contraptions like the Baby Bjorn, see also LINK), but even the Ergo starts to dig in a little in parts after hour upon hour. So, while I love it for quickly throwing on, I have ordered a woven wrap (a Vatanai, but other excellent ones include Storchenwiege, Didymos and Girasol), which, while more fiddly to put on, is easily the most supportive and versatile carrier around. And beautiful!
For dinner, Tabitha had a nice rare Frenched lamb cutlet. She thoroughly enjoyed it, chewing and sucking on the meat while she held the 'handle'. She also enjoyed using the cutlet as a percussion instrument, covering the table, chair and herself with lamb grease. I suppose I had better go and clean up - and give the bone to the cats to fight over! For dinner for The Daddy and I, I am going to make some Carbonara with lovely Fernleigh Farms freerange bacon, Parmigiano Reggiano, Martelli penne and local organic eggs. No cream, of course!


No comments:
Post a Comment