Monday, July 18, 2011

Weekend away.

On the weekend, we managed to escape to Blairgowrie for a couple of days, along with my friend Amy, whose friends' place we were borrowing.  Just a short getaway, but it is always lovely to go somewhere scenic and do - well, not much!

We had fish and chips, we had (really excellent) woodfired pizza, we had delicious veggieburgers with cheese, salad, pickles and caramelized onions.  The Daddy made us blueberry pancakes with bacon and syrup.  We napped, read, walked, watched Tabitha take cautious steps (she can take two steps on her own now).  It was a thoroughly enjoyable way to spend the weekend.

There were plenty of new, unexplored toys for Tabitha to dive into at the beach house:


The Daddy is the breakfast cook in our house - it's the only time he cooks, but he is very good at breakfast dishes.  In case you are wondering, the clock on the wall is incorrect - we were not eating breakfast at 5:25am OR pm!


 Tabby sitting in the high chair, patiently waiting for her pancake:


Yum!  These are Amy's though, she didn't have blueberries.  Strange lady!  The bacon is freerange bacon from Fernleigh Farms, who have incredible products from their Wessex Saddleback pigs, which frolic around their expansive, wooded farmland.  The bacon is just incredible.


Below, you can see Tabitha crawling around - she kept herself very well occupied exploring the new space, and kept taking a couple of tentative steps.  I don't think that it will be long now until she is walking properly on her own.


Tabby reclining with her feet on the table while she eats her lunch:


Cramming in lots of peas and corn, her current obsession.  Sorry, this is way too much information, but her last few dirty nappies have looked like a corn explosion.  So much corn.


"Hey, I think you'll find that my bowl is currently empty of peas and corn, mumma!"


Oh never mind, I found some veggieburger within reach...


Now we are back home and trying to avoid going out in the cold.  I am really hating this weather, I must say.  I can't wait for a few nice spring days, to get out there and walk in the sunshine, some blue skies, some pretty flowers.  Sigh, probably at least another month or so...

2 comments:

Miss Kitty-Cat said...

My grandparents used to have a holiday house in Blairgowrie. Fond memories! I kind of like beachside in the Winter - you can rug up from the cold and enjoy the warmth! Getting out of town is always a good idea...

Corn is one of my favourites too. And fish and chips!

I wish Mr K would cook me breakfast, but frankly he does such a stirling job on the cleaning I no complain!

Little Winch said...

LOL! what am I drinking in the back round of the pic where Tabby is crawling?

 
SITE DESIGN BY DESIGNER BLOGS